In order to receive a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), drivers must have a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical administered every 2 years. This is to ensure that the driver is fully capable of keeping the roads safe of any potential accidents.
Drivers that need to have a DOT physical administered include:
- Commercial Bus Drivers
- Limousine Drivers
- Box Truck Drivers
- Tow Truck Drivers
- Hoisting Drivers – Derricks, Cableways, Cargoes, Elevator Cars
- Hydraulic Drivers – Cranes, Forklifts, Excavators, Backhoes and Loaders
At Medallus Medical, we administer DOT physicals 7 days a week. Our comprehensive DOT physical includes an examination of the following:
- Vision – 20/40 correctable in each eye
- Hearing – hear a forced whisper from more than 5 feet away in at least 1 ear
- Blood sugar testing – no greater than 200
- Blood pressure testing – under 160-179/100
- No sign of substance abuse
- No sign of driving restrictions due to cardiac problems
If you are looking to obtain your CDL and need to have your DOT physical administered, visit us today!
For more information about our DOT physicals please call to speak with one of our medical professionals at 877-633-9110.