Medallus Medical Membership, A Perfect Program to Reduce Your Out-of-Pocket Costs
(The Medallus Medical Membership Program is NOT a Health Insurance Policy)
Corporate & Family Medical Membership
• Free 24-Hour TeleMed, exclusively for members, no charge for each call • $10/ Visit, including in-clinic tests, x-rays, and treatments without extra charges • Unlimited Visits for Primary Care and Urgent Care Services • $25/Month/Person (for 3 or more in a group) • “Near-site” and “Near-home” clinics at 7 Convenient Clinic Locations • Keeps you, your family, and your employees out of costly emergency rooms and hospitals
The table below demonstrates an example of how switching to a higher deductible insurance plan can achieve savings on insurance premiums. A portion of these savings is applied toward Medallus Medical Membership fee, which allows unlimited urgent care and primary care services at $10 per visit. The higher deductible insurance plan is then reserved for use only in cases of unexpected major medical needs. Our goal is to keep our members healthy for less and avoid expensive emergency rooms and hospitals.
|Current Situation||Cost-Savings Strategy|
|Health Insurance Plan Alone||Higher Deductible Insurance Plan in Conjunction with Medallus Medical Membership|
|$1,000/$2,000 Deductible Ins. Plan||$5,000/$10,000 Deductible Ins. Plan||Medallus Medical Membership|
|Monthly Premium||$700/family*||$400/family*||$25/person (3 or more),($45 if only one person)$100 (maximum)/family|
|$100 (maximum)/familyFee for 1 Visit||$120**||use membership||$10***|
|Annual Premium||$8,400||$4,800||$300/person, $1,200/family|
|Fee for 4 Visits/Yr||$480||use membership||$40|
|Total Annual Cost||$8,880||$6,040|
|Annual Savings||$2,840 (32% savings)|
*Actual rate from www.ehealthinsurance.com ** Average cost of a doctor visit *** Cost of each member visit
Membership Account Setup
• For Individual/Family membership, call Tammy in Membership Department at , extension 2 or email [email protected] • For Corporate membership/on-site presentation, call Kevin Jenson at .
To find the right cost-saving health insurance plan:
• For Individual/Family health plan, call Nathan Peterson at BIG Benefits, , ext 1014 or [email protected] • For Corporate/Group health plan, call Nathan Peterson at BIG Benefits, , ext 1014 or [email protected] Why stay with your current $1,000-deductible health insurance plan? • You would have to go to the doctor almost 10 times per year before your health insurance starts paying for your medical care, which likely may not happen. • Out of-pocket expenses created by the deductible requirement may make you hesitate to visit your doctor to stay healthy, risking the chance of incurring major medical expenses. • The insurance premium is paid away at a higher rate.
Why not change to a higher deductible health insurance plan?
• The insurance premium is paid away at a lower rate. • At that point, your lower premium results in savings – a portion of which may be used to pay for your membership fee while the remaining is placed in a HSA account to cover future balances from the deductible requirement. • As a member of Medallus Medical Membership, you pay just $10 per visit for unlimited basic medical care access to keep you healthy and avoid incurring medical expenses through your insurance plan, which can increase your insurance premium annually.
• $25/month/person – for family or group of 3 or more • $35/month/person – for family or group of 2 • $45/month/person – for a single person • $40/person registration fee • All membership accounts are one-year contracts Automatic withdrawal from credit card or debit card required
Services Not Included
• Chronic pain management • Long-term treatment with controlled medications • Substance addiction and withdrawal • Psychiatric problems • Ambulance, ERs, and hospitals • Outside services performed at other facilities