Graduates are walking across the stage, the weather is finally getting warmer, and Father’s Day is right around the corner. So much is celebrated throughout the month of June that many forget that it’s also Men’s Health Month.
Men’s Health Month is an initiative that brings together men of all ages to drive awareness on major health concerns and provide access to screenings, host health fairs, and provide general health education.
It’s time to take charge of your health, gents, and the sooner you do it, the better. Here are five tips on staying healthy.
- Find a doctor. You should be choosing a primary care physician that you feel comfortable with and you can openly discuss all of your health concerns, from your mental state to your physical state.
- Regularly visit your doctor. Just because you’re feeling well does not always mean that you are actually well. An annual physical can detect underlying medical conditions that could go unnoticed and can aid in the treatment process.
- Don’t self-diagnose. This goes hand-in-hand with regularly visiting your primary care physician. You want to be well-informed about certain medical conditions, but you shouldn’t be so quick to write off that you’re only sick with a cough when you really have the flu. Be sure to establish a relationship with your primary care physician so you can go to them when you’re not sure about your symptoms.
- Monitor your physical health. Fitting in an exercise regime into your daily schedule is not always easy, but you’ll reap the benefits by having better control over your weight as well as reducing your risk for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity, and other chronic health conditions. You should also keep up with regular cholesterol and blood pressure tests, and other annual health screenings.
- Take care of your mental health. A few moments a day for some type of meditation or relaxation practice is beneficial for your mental and emotional well-being. Those few moments of relaxation after a long day at work will help get your mind away from the stressful thoughts you should’ve left at your desk and help you gain work/life balance.
If you’re looking to get your health in check, be sure to visit Medallus Medical to get started on your journey toward a healthier lifestyle.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Annual physical exam
- Long term medical care for diabetes, hypertension, and asthma
- Health maintenance
- Rapid testing
Our physicians will go over your medical history to better understand your background and to create a health program unique to your medical needs. For more information about the services we provide, please call to speak with one of our medical professionals at 877-633-9110.